- About us
- Join EULITA
- What's new
- LIT materials
- LIT Search
- Upcoming Events
QUALETRA: Launch Conference and Call for Papers
The aim of the Qualetra launch conference is to get an update of the current situation of legal translation in Europe, and to bring together all relevant stakeholders together to discuss the content of the project. The conference is open to practitioners and trainers of legal translation. The registration fee is €50. The number of conference participants is limited to 120. The deadline for registration is 1 March 2013.
The language of the conference is English, interpreting into French will be provided.
After the conference, the proceedings will be published online on this website.
Call for Abstracts:
The papers should address the topic of legal translation and how to promote the quality of legal translation. In a first step, potential speakers are asked to send a brief abstract of their presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org before 28 February 2013. The QUALETRA team will examine the abstracts and compile the conference programme by 15 March and then confirm to speakers their presentations. If the presentation is accepted, speakers will be asked for brief biographical details.
- The abstract should be written in English in .doc or .docx format and should not exceed 300 words.
- The format of the abstract is to conform with the APA Style Essentials.
- The abstract is a one-paragraph, self-contained summary of the most important elements of the paper.
- Heading: Abstract (centred on the first line below the manuscript page header)
- Submission of abstracts: 28 February 2013
- Notification of acceptance: 15 March 2013
- Submission of full papers: 1 April 2013
- Conference: 4 April 2013
Further details on submission (including types of papers) may be obtained from the conference organisers via email@example.com.